Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Best Baby Name Book

I'm an engineer, and that is applicable to this recommendation. My hands-down favorite baby name book is The Baby Name Wizard by Laura Wattenberg. The book has popularity trend graphs for every name (appeals to the nerdy engineer in me!), as well as recommendations for sibling names to go with each name. In the back, there are lists of names by genre, such as "Antique Charm," "Brisk and Breezy" and "Bell Tones."

To go with this book, also check out the two related websites for hours of baby name fun:

Name Voyager
Nymbler

2 comments:

John said...

So are we looking at sibling names for a reason? :)

Katy said...

For the record, I thought of this because I have recently given TWO od these books to engineer friends who are expecting... Charlie gets to be an only child for a while longer!!