Sunday, July 6, 2008

Favorite "Toys"

Toys do not have to be purchased. Many of my little man's favorite toys are not toys at all. You could go out and buy all the latest and greatest toys, but these have the double advantage of being cheap/free and readily available. Here are some of the best "toys" in our house:
  1. Cereal box
  2. Sippy cup with something rattling inside
  3. Mailing tube
  4. 6-Bottle wine carrier (cardboard)
  5. Water bottle with colored water inside
  6. Water bottle with macaroni inside
  7. The Dishwasher
  8. Remote control
  9. A spoon
  10. A magazine
  11. Empty beer bottle (supervised of course!)
  12. The tupperware cupboard
  13. Easter egg with rice in it (taped shut)
  14. Anything on the coffee table
  15. Those springy door stop things
  16. Pack of cards
  17. A piece of paper
  18. Can of Little Puffs/Gerber graduates finger foods
  19. Empty cardboard box
What does your baby play with?

1 comment:

Megan said...

Hi! I just found your blog while I was searching for information regarding finger foods and gagging. It looks like our little boys are about the same age. Mine was born on October 6 and is my first. He gags on anything I try to give him that isn't pureed! It is so scary!!

Also, I totally agree about the toy thing. My little boy, Tate, loves garbage (especially paper) and smelly shoes. Babies are so funny!!